Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Draw objects in real time

Started by vir2007 Aug 1, 2012 at 9:03 PM 1 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
vir2007
vir2007
Hi all,

I have glutDisplayFunc() to draw the environement

And I receive data from network that contain position of objects, I have a thread that treats that kind of data

So here my problem

I tried to store data into vector to be drawn in glutDisplayFunc each time, this way slow down my computer and moving objects is not smoothly

Then I tried to not use vector and want to draw objects direclty from "thread" that receive data, and nothing happened

so is there way to make moving objects in real time, and if possible draw them from that thread instead of glutDisplayFunc

plz i need an answer asap

Thanks
hplus0603
hplus0603
You have to re-draw the entire scene each frame. Make sure you set up the glut timer/redraw system to issue re-draws as quickly as possible.

If you're saying that networking or using std::vector<> "slows down" your game, that makes little sense; you'd have to use a profiler to figure out where the time is going. It's probably not going where you think it is.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
vir2007
vir2007
ok
thnx for help

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.