Original Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction to learn about reading XML files using C++. I was able to find and learn how to write onto/create an xml document, but I am having trouble find information on accessing the xml document.
This is currently what I have
patientList.open("Patients.xml", ios::in);
while(!patientList.fail() && strcmp(user, name))
{
getline(patientList, str);
posOpen = str.find("");
newStr = str.substr(posOpen + 1);
posClose = newStr.find(" ");
newStr = str.substr(posOpen + 1, posClose);
strcpy(name, newStr.c_str());
}
patientList.close();
Right now I have it going through the XML file, line by line trying to find a name. Now that works fine, but what I want to do next is once the name I am looking for is found I want to grab the line after it.
The XML looks like this
Ken
Happy
Bob
Sad
Mike
Scared
So I want to find the name I am looking for then grab the mood associated with that name.
Thanks for your help in advance.
This is currently what I have
patientList.open("Patients.xml", ios::in);
while(!patientList.fail() && strcmp(user, name))
{
getline(patientList, str);
posOpen = str.find("
newStr = str.substr(posOpen + 1);
posClose = newStr.find("
newStr = str.substr(posOpen + 1, posClose);
strcpy(name, newStr.c_str());
}
patientList.close();
Right now I have it going through the XML file, line by line trying to find a name. Now that works fine, but what I want to do next is once the name I am looking for is found I want to grab the line after it.
The XML looks like this
So I want to find the name I am looking for then grab the mood associated with that name.
Thanks for your help in advance.