Original Post
I try to implement verlet not too long ago, from "A Verlet based approach for 2D game physics" article in this site, Even though i got everything in that article, there are other problems that are bugging me. I tried to stack 2 boxes (4 vertices, 6 constraints) together(assuming gravity goes downward.) the 2 boxes will move away from each other horizontally slowly, and no friction is apply at this moment. Same thing when I try to stack many of them like a pyramid. the lower level of the pyramid will slowly move away from each other. The more levels i put on top, the fast they move away. I know probably caused by the update process of the constraints, since after collision detection and updating the constraints, the position and the orientation of the box will be slightly different from before. So my question is, how do you put a box(or any rigid body) to rest when they are suppose to be stationary? Thanks