Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Edit Gradient and Rotation

Started by spawn_thang Aug 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM 0 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
spawn_thang
spawn_thang
Hello,

I have been working with vertex selection and processing .I am starting off with a cube I then select some vertices then rotate the cube around the y axis by 45 degrees. Having spent some time on this I have found that by giving various values to each vertex I can derive an x direction edit and an x, z edit that look okay..

So, I guess the principle behind this type of processing is a relationship between the rotation of the mesh / vertices and the values that are passed to the edit functions, like a gradient I suppose.

So, what I would like to know, is what type of maths is this and how can I follow it up. For instance is this type of thing a derivative or deviation or something like that or is it some type of ratio deviation or derivative.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.
jefferytitan
jefferytitan
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you're doing to this cube. You want to rotate some vertices of a cube but not others? Could you post a screenshot of what your effect looks like?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.