Original Post
hello all.
I do not seem to understand at all how bandwidth works. If I have a box with 1Gb/s nic card, then no matter what is the bandwidth limit of closest gateway or router, I am limited to 1Gb/s right? But what can I do if my box needs to upload much more data to connected public IPs? I cannot find NIC cards that have more than 1Gb uplink, so I have no idea how such thing is handled. Can I actualy come to any host and ask 1Tb connectivty from him on a single IP computing box? How can I be given that? Does the busy box connects to multiple gateways with multiple NICs or how?
I do not seem to understand at all how bandwidth works. If I have a box with 1Gb/s nic card, then no matter what is the bandwidth limit of closest gateway or router, I am limited to 1Gb/s right? But what can I do if my box needs to upload much more data to connected public IPs? I cannot find NIC cards that have more than 1Gb uplink, so I have no idea how such thing is handled. Can I actualy come to any host and ask 1Tb connectivty from him on a single IP computing box? How can I be given that? Does the busy box connects to multiple gateways with multiple NICs or how?