Original Post
Hey, Im new here so I hope this is in the right forum. Now I have an Idea for a 2d platformer but I've only ever coded VB.Net HTML and CSS. I was wondering what would be the best language to make a 2d platformer and then other games. I was thinking of C++ but I've also thought of Java. Im just about to enter into college to study computer science and my first CS class is Intro to Java so I was thinking to start learning Java now. But if C++ is better for overall game creation ill learn both at the same time.
So basically if tl;dr
- Java or C++ for game creation (or other)
- What would be a good engine for a 2d platformed?
So basically if tl;dr
- Java or C++ for game creation (or other)
- What would be a good engine for a 2d platformed?