Original Post
Hi,
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the three most common operating systems in relation to game development?
May I also ask any game developers or game designers who use more than one o.s. if you would be so kind to explain your philosophy in using more than one for g.d.?
Does high level programming tend to favor one o.s. over another one? Do any of the languages tend to favor one o.s.?
In the case of c++, I am thinking that it is by far easiest for game development through Windows, for example, but I am interested in exploring this question for other languages. I am focused on high level programming in the long term, if that is an important factor in this discussion. Short term does not matter because I will be combing an open source game soon to learn the basics of game development.
An interesting thing is that I know someone personally who insists on XP for game design and had conversation with him saying that I really like Win 7. He wants to stay with XP in a C++ based tool environment as long as he can, meaning forever if he could - LOL.
Have a nice day,
3Ddreamer - Leaving no stone left unturned in my quest for gaming development perfection, at least in my dreams. LOL
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the three most common operating systems in relation to game development?
May I also ask any game developers or game designers who use more than one o.s. if you would be so kind to explain your philosophy in using more than one for g.d.?
Does high level programming tend to favor one o.s. over another one? Do any of the languages tend to favor one o.s.?
In the case of c++, I am thinking that it is by far easiest for game development through Windows, for example, but I am interested in exploring this question for other languages. I am focused on high level programming in the long term, if that is an important factor in this discussion. Short term does not matter because I will be combing an open source game soon to learn the basics of game development.
An interesting thing is that I know someone personally who insists on XP for game design and had conversation with him saying that I really like Win 7. He wants to stay with XP in a C++ based tool environment as long as he can, meaning forever if he could - LOL.
Have a nice day,
3Ddreamer - Leaving no stone left unturned in my quest for gaming development perfection, at least in my dreams. LOL