Original Post
Hey guys,
I programmed a Bomberman Clone that is playable over a network. This currently works well enough in a LAN, but not online. I have read a lot of topics about networking and would like to read even more in form of a book. I am currently owning 'Best of Game Programming Gems' and that book has a section about networking as well. Unfortunetly the book covers only real-time strategy games. My game is a little bit different from that.
Is there a good read for reducing latency effects in action games, possibly FPS or something like that? Maybe the 'Game Programming Gems' series covers the topic in another book as well.
Thanks in advance
I programmed a Bomberman Clone that is playable over a network. This currently works well enough in a LAN, but not online. I have read a lot of topics about networking and would like to read even more in form of a book. I am currently owning 'Best of Game Programming Gems' and that book has a section about networking as well. Unfortunetly the book covers only real-time strategy games. My game is a little bit different from that.
Is there a good read for reducing latency effects in action games, possibly FPS or something like that? Maybe the 'Game Programming Gems' series covers the topic in another book as well.
Thanks in advance