Original Post
Hello, I know that there have been several posts like this, but each one only seems to answer pieces of my questions. In my game, I have 10x10 chunks loaded at a time, which contain 3d arrays of Block objects. I am at the point where I need to start rendering this data to the screen. My plan was to store a list referencing visible voxels in each chunk(if surrounded on all 6 sides by opaque voxels, it is not visible). Next, in the Draw method, check each if each chunk's boundingBox is in the view frustrum. If it is, render the visible blocks. Is this a good approach? I am unsure of exactly what to do after that. Also, I have read that octrees are a good way of checking visible faces in a voxel world. I know how to use these to compress data, but I don't understand how they could be used to help with rendering.