Original Post
Hi, new to the forums, but I'm looking to get some guidance. I have only recently started studying programming with C#, and I'm looking to design an RPG with an overhead, isometric viewpoint, in the same vein as Breath of Fire series of games. I haven't studied for very long, having only just finished doing my first Game Loop, but I intend to keep at it. The current book I'm learning from deals more with creating a platformer, which I have little interest in at the moment. I'm going to try and finish the book so I can get a better handle on the fundamentals.
My request is for guidance on where to go from there, what to study and what I need to learn to make the kind of game I'm suggesting. I know it's somewhat of a tall order for a beginner to be tackling such a project, but it's the kind of game I want to make. If anyone has any helpful information, I would be very grateful.
My request is for guidance on where to go from there, what to study and what I need to learn to make the kind of game I'm suggesting. I know it's somewhat of a tall order for a beginner to be tackling such a project, but it's the kind of game I want to make. If anyone has any helpful information, I would be very grateful.