Original Post
Hi guys
I'm a bit new to this, but I have taken an interest in 3D programming with PhysX and irrlicht.
I managed to get a small game going where I can make some simple structures of actors like cubes, and balls and do different things with them, but I'd like to take this to the next level, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what that level is.
Say I want to make my own shapes and, or structures out of my existing shapes, how would I go about this?
I can code structures of existing shapes in my little game by manually specifying locations of each actor and placement, but that is a very tedious task, is there a better way?
What if I wanted to import some existing model of a rigid body into my environment? I can't for the life of me figure out where to even begin.
I'm only thinking about rigid shapes right now, nothing animated, I just want some new pieces in my simulation which are not the standard cube, sphere etc etc..... I can figure out how to draw them with irrlicht, but I'm a bit stuck on the PhysX part.
Much appreciate any input to get me through this stage, ideally, I'd like to make some type of an interesting simulation of a car crash or so like you see on youtube, but I'm not there yet....
Thank you very much for any help
xp
I'm a bit new to this, but I have taken an interest in 3D programming with PhysX and irrlicht.
I managed to get a small game going where I can make some simple structures of actors like cubes, and balls and do different things with them, but I'd like to take this to the next level, and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what that level is.
Say I want to make my own shapes and, or structures out of my existing shapes, how would I go about this?
I can code structures of existing shapes in my little game by manually specifying locations of each actor and placement, but that is a very tedious task, is there a better way?
What if I wanted to import some existing model of a rigid body into my environment? I can't for the life of me figure out where to even begin.
I'm only thinking about rigid shapes right now, nothing animated, I just want some new pieces in my simulation which are not the standard cube, sphere etc etc..... I can figure out how to draw them with irrlicht, but I'm a bit stuck on the PhysX part.
Much appreciate any input to get me through this stage, ideally, I'd like to make some type of an interesting simulation of a car crash or so like you see on youtube, but I'm not there yet....
Thank you very much for any help
xp