Original Post
I've been working on the HUDs for my game, more specifically the Health, Mana, and XP bars that will be displayed at the bottom of the screen. So I drew up an image in photoshop for the health bar that looks like this:

But for some reason the in-game image looks like this:

As you can tell it is does not match the correct one, and its a little frustrating because in-game it looks too dull. I'm not sure why Pygame is doing this? I'm using the very standard pygame functions to load and render the image:
Now that I've noticed it, it's actually doing it to a lot of my images! If anyone knows why, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

But for some reason the in-game image looks like this:

As you can tell it is does not match the correct one, and its a little frustrating because in-game it looks too dull. I'm not sure why Pygame is doing this? I'm using the very standard pygame functions to load and render the image:
pygame.image.load('image_path').convert() and surface.blit(hp_image, (position.x, position.y)) Now that I've noticed it, it's actually doing it to a lot of my images! If anyone knows why, please let me know. Thanks in advance!