Original Post
I noticed that when I render without calling glClear on each frame I get a flickering strobe-like effect in Windows 7. I took a snapshot which seems to show what is happening - it looks like it's using sprites with logical AND instead of XOR. It might be the graphics card (nVidia Quadro 2000M) or a setting of some kind.
I noticed I had to change my rendering slightly to accomodate Windows 7 originally (namely, to save the DC when the window is created and not use the one returned by glBeginPaint), but never knew for sure what changed between that and XP.
Do you have any idea what this observed effect is or how to restore smoother rendering? It looks ok in normal mode and is only an issue when I try to let objects trace out a path by not clearing between frames.
Thanks in advance,
CRD
I noticed I had to change my rendering slightly to accomodate Windows 7 originally (namely, to save the DC when the window is created and not use the one returned by glBeginPaint), but never knew for sure what changed between that and XP.
Do you have any idea what this observed effect is or how to restore smoother rendering? It looks ok in normal mode and is only an issue when I try to let objects trace out a path by not clearing between frames.
Thanks in advance,
CRD