Original Post
Hey guys,
I've currently got a world made of cubes, and I am looking into ways in which to 'smooth' the terrain.
I've read up on an algorithm called marching cubes, and have looked at a few versions (Paul Bourke's being especially useful), but I noticed that all of the algorithms online focus around creating a version of an already-defined model from triangles.
I was wondering how I would be able to achieve a similar effect, but using cubes? How would I use marching cubes to smooth the terrain generated by a perlin noise generator? Also, if this were possible, what would my 'isolevel' be? I've noticed it often used in the various versions online.
Thanks for the help,
Matt.
I've currently got a world made of cubes, and I am looking into ways in which to 'smooth' the terrain.
I've read up on an algorithm called marching cubes, and have looked at a few versions (Paul Bourke's being especially useful), but I noticed that all of the algorithms online focus around creating a version of an already-defined model from triangles.
I was wondering how I would be able to achieve a similar effect, but using cubes? How would I use marching cubes to smooth the terrain generated by a perlin noise generator? Also, if this were possible, what would my 'isolevel' be? I've noticed it often used in the various versions online.
Thanks for the help,
Matt.