Original Post
I haven't really found anything basic on how to do this.
I want to speed up my ssao calculation by using a half res depth target.
Now as I understand I have to downsample this target, but I don't really know how to do this.
I've seen some code snippets about averaging pixel but I don't fully understand this.
Can someone explain to me how this works or guide me to some tutorial or easy to understand code ?
I realize it's not as easy as just outputting the sampled value of the original to a rendertarget with half the size or is it ?
I want to speed up my ssao calculation by using a half res depth target.
Now as I understand I have to downsample this target, but I don't really know how to do this.
I've seen some code snippets about averaging pixel but I don't fully understand this.
Can someone explain to me how this works or guide me to some tutorial or easy to understand code ?
I realize it's not as easy as just outputting the sampled value of the original to a rendertarget with half the size or is it ?