Original Post
Hi folks.
I'm rather new to DirectX/Direct3D and i'm in the planning stage of my project.
Put simply, my question is:
Is it possible in either DirectX 9 (or a more recent version of the api) to draw a cube with a different texture on each face, using less than 6 DrawPrimitive calls?
In more detail:
I'm building an application which will involve large numbers of cubes, each with different textures on each face. I am concerned that this will involve a huge number of DrawPrimitive calls and it'll cause a huge bottleneck.
I'm rather new to DirectX/Direct3D and i'm in the planning stage of my project.
Put simply, my question is:
Is it possible in either DirectX 9 (or a more recent version of the api) to draw a cube with a different texture on each face, using less than 6 DrawPrimitive calls?
In more detail:
I'm building an application which will involve large numbers of cubes, each with different textures on each face. I am concerned that this will involve a huge number of DrawPrimitive calls and it'll cause a huge bottleneck.