Original Post
I wanted to know if it is possible for a single person to make a game in sdl and or opengl and with this i mean a big game not just a pong or something like that. Should i use a game engine instead?? I want to make a nice looking game, i prefer 2d but i dont dislike 3d. I also like to code so I wouldn't like to use one of those engines where you don't code at all.
I feel that even though engines help a lot they also limit what you can do and also even though I like the flexibility that using sdl and opengl gives you but it seems to hard
and maybe I just can't find any good one but everytime I try to look for projectsmade in sdl, sfml, opengl and directx they all look horrible and boring.
I feel that even though engines help a lot they also limit what you can do and also even though I like the flexibility that using sdl and opengl gives you but it seems to hard