Original Post
So I just figured out how to make a rocket launcher work in terms of physics and now I need to make a kick ass trail of smoke and flames to complete it.
I know making particle effects are pretty straightforward but I was wondering If there was a way to not only render but also simulate particles on the GPU. Seeing as the particles don't affect gameplay whatsoever I assumed this was possible. I expected that I could make an emitter object on the CPU side and the GPU would take over the rest after being fed the position of the emitter. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction for how to have the GPU actually create polygons without having them fed from the cpu?
Thanks.
I know making particle effects are pretty straightforward but I was wondering If there was a way to not only render but also simulate particles on the GPU. Seeing as the particles don't affect gameplay whatsoever I assumed this was possible. I expected that I could make an emitter object on the CPU side and the GPU would take over the rest after being fed the position of the emitter. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction for how to have the GPU actually create polygons without having them fed from the cpu?
Thanks.