Original Post
Hi GameDevs,
I started programming a year ago with Pascal (Lazarus) and moved then to C# to make some Windows Phone 7 apps.
I made some small apps for companys, but now that I got some experience I want to start coding my first small 2D games.
After some games I will try myself on a paid game-app.
With this as my clear and not to high goals I searched for the best Framework to choose and remembered XNA. It´s relativly easy to use and C# is my language of choice.
But how is the future of XNA? MS removed it from VS2012 and that makes me curious. I wouldn´t call it dead or nearly dead, but I don´t want to learn a "dead" Framework.
It seems like I´m forced to C++ and DirectX or other Engines /C++ and DX in case of apps)
Is XNA still worth learning?
Or do I have to switch to C++?
What other choices do I have?
Thanks.
-Sooker
I started programming a year ago with Pascal (Lazarus) and moved then to C# to make some Windows Phone 7 apps.
I made some small apps for companys, but now that I got some experience I want to start coding my first small 2D games.
After some games I will try myself on a paid game-app.
With this as my clear and not to high goals I searched for the best Framework to choose and remembered XNA. It´s relativly easy to use and C# is my language of choice.
But how is the future of XNA? MS removed it from VS2012 and that makes me curious. I wouldn´t call it dead or nearly dead, but I don´t want to learn a "dead" Framework.
It seems like I´m forced to C++ and DirectX or other Engines /C++ and DX in case of apps)
Is XNA still worth learning?
Or do I have to switch to C++?
What other choices do I have?
Thanks.
-Sooker