Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Etharnion - 2D RPG

Started by Adam27 Sep 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM 4 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
Adam27
Adam27

Etharnion - 2D RPG (v.1.1)


http://etharnion.cloudserv.tk



Hi all! smile.png

I'd like to present to you a game, on which I've been working for over 1,5 a year. It's a free 2D top-down RPG called Etharnion and is my biggest project so far.

You can read the description and download the game for free on:
http://etharnion.cloudserv.tk

The game is actually finished, and now I need some feedback. What do you like, what would you change in the game? Every comment will be very appreciated!

If you like the game, have a nice time playing it and wish to give me more motivation to develop the project, you can also donate something via PayPal. smile.png

Have fun!

Best regards,
Adam
slmgc
slmgc
Nice work smile.png I do have a bug report though: when you open the first chest for the second time and press 'take all' and then try to close with 'escape', the game crashes. OS: Windows 7 x64; video: AMD Radeon HD 6470M. Btw, I'm left-handed so I prefer to use arrows for moving, not 'wasd', it would be nice to have settings to change the controls. And you should add some interface elements (like 'X' or some button) to close containers with a mouse wink.png
CryoGenesis
CryoGenesis
Really nice art!
I have to say, I really like the tree effect ;D The trees make it look 3D somehow.
Really nice quality!
Adam27
Adam27
@slmgc: thanks for reporting a bug, I'll look at that.

@CryoGenesis: glad to hear that you like it
Dennis Schouwenburg
Dennis Schouwenburg
Greetings!

Just spent some time playing your game, it looks nice. Unlike slmgc, I haven't found a bug (though I could go "bug hunting" if you like), but I have got a few suggestions/ideas for you.

  • It would be easy if inventory items could be 'dragged & dropped' into the quick launch bar.
  • I suggest not letting the quest and inventory screen take over the entire game screen, or perhaps making them a bit transparent.
  • Add some blood/liquid to corpses
  • Automaticly pick up coins when you walk over them

    Just a few thoughts
Thoughtzone • Contact: dennis [at] thoughtzone [dot] nl
For a list of services visit our website.
Temporary special for Gamedev members;
Free beta testing & thinktank service. We will test your game/software and come up with new features and improvements, All we want in re
Adam27
Adam27
Etharnion 1.2 has been released! New version brings some bug fixes and improvements in the game. All the changes are listed in the 'ReadMe' file. Of course, you can download the game completely for free.

http://etharnion.cloudserv.tk

Have fun!
Adam

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.