Original Post
Ok, Hi! I have been using Game Maker for a few years now, and I have made a bunch of 2D games. I've never used the Drag 'N Drop part just the GML. But I really wanted to stop using it and I want to switch to making games with a programming language like c++ or python. So I made a game in Python using Pygame. Worked out great except for making the "camera" follow the player. It was pretty frustrating, but I enjoyed working out the problems so much! I have been surfing the net looking for all kinds of methods of game programming and engines. I have seen on many websites that most games are made with C++. I have always been scared to move to c++, but I fear that eventually I will have to use it.
My question is, is it fine if I continue using Pygame, or should I switch to working with c++. If I should switch to c++ what library or engine would I use?
-Thanks in advance
My question is, is it fine if I continue using Pygame, or should I switch to working with c++. If I should switch to c++ what library or engine would I use?
-Thanks in advance