Original Post
I've decided to make a clone of the open-source Android game Scrambled Net, but with XNA and for PCs. (Basically, you have one "power node" and have to rotate wires so all computers are connecting to the power node.) So far, I've been able to put random tiles on the board and have them rotate when clicked. Now comes the daunting task of the puzzle logic. I thought it would be easier to put a "solved" puzzle on the board and simply rotate the tiles randomly from there. (The user will not be able to see the solved state, of course.) That means all the necessary tiles are in their places; the user just needs to rotate them correctly. But I'm stuck: How do I generate a "solution?"
I don't even know where to begin. Is this project too complicated for a beginner? Should I pick something simpler, like tic-tac-toe?
I don't even know where to begin. Is this project too complicated for a beginner? Should I pick something simpler, like tic-tac-toe?