Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Complex Block Setup, is this possible?

Started by riuthamus Sep 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM 0 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
riuthamus
riuthamus
So... i want to do the following:

gallery_1_371_4915.jpg

I would like to attach or place in some world blocks that would have ore sticking out. How do you think one should go about coding such a feature? The idea is that as you break the block the ore/minerals would drop out of the object and onto the ground. I just wanted to see what others thoughts on the best practices for such a system would be. Thanks in advance.
SimonForsman
SimonForsman
I'd just place the ore model inside the block then and lock it in place, (if the ore is larger than the block or slightly off center parts of it will stick out), once the block is destroyed i'd let the physics engine deal with the ore as it sees fit.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.