Original Post
Hi everyone,
I actually use a physics engine for my racing game (physX) with a some rigid bodies.
Basically, i have 4 wheels that have a rigidbody on it and these wheels are connected to the body of the car via a spring.
I use Pacejka typical curves to simulate the tire model.
I have no problem so far regarding the basic move of the car, it work pretty well i would say.
But recently, i have played some nice racing game simulation and some car crash videos on youtube and noticed that something important was missing to my car simulation.
The Angular Velocity / Momentum !
In fact, my car behavior act like there is no angular momentum at all.. I mean, the weight of the car doesn't feel right..
For example, if i turn on the right at medium speed, and then counter steer, my car will NOT spin and loose control, the angular speed is immediately stopped..
But i don't think its like my car have too much lateral grip, its something different i think...
Something must be wrong on my rigid body settings..
My 4 wheels rigid body are about 40 kg each, and the car body is around 1400 kg.
I have tested with more weight on wheels and less on car body but, it doesn't fix the problem, actually its getting a little bit worst.
The best results i have so far is around 30 - 50 kg for each wheels.
Do you guys have any suggestions on this ?
How can i have a stronger angular velocity ?
i would like my car to spin!
Any suggestions are very welcome.
Thank you for reading.
Please forgive my bad English.
I actually use a physics engine for my racing game (physX) with a some rigid bodies.
Basically, i have 4 wheels that have a rigidbody on it and these wheels are connected to the body of the car via a spring.
I use Pacejka typical curves to simulate the tire model.
I have no problem so far regarding the basic move of the car, it work pretty well i would say.
But recently, i have played some nice racing game simulation and some car crash videos on youtube and noticed that something important was missing to my car simulation.
The Angular Velocity / Momentum !
In fact, my car behavior act like there is no angular momentum at all.. I mean, the weight of the car doesn't feel right..
For example, if i turn on the right at medium speed, and then counter steer, my car will NOT spin and loose control, the angular speed is immediately stopped..
But i don't think its like my car have too much lateral grip, its something different i think...
Something must be wrong on my rigid body settings..
My 4 wheels rigid body are about 40 kg each, and the car body is around 1400 kg.
I have tested with more weight on wheels and less on car body but, it doesn't fix the problem, actually its getting a little bit worst.
The best results i have so far is around 30 - 50 kg for each wheels.
Do you guys have any suggestions on this ?
How can i have a stronger angular velocity ?
i would like my car to spin!
Any suggestions are very welcome.
Thank you for reading.
Please forgive my bad English.