Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Another issue with SDL joystick

Started by tashaklikedi Oct 1, 2012 at 4:46 AM 1 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
tashaklikedi
tashaklikedi
Hi again, I ran into another problem with the joystick in SDL:

in libsdl.org, it says that the joystick has 8 directions with the hat: up, down, left, right, upleft, upright, downleft, downright. But when I press the up button, it reads at the same time up, upleft, up right. This is the same for each direction (for example, if I press left, it will read left, upleft, downleft. I wonder if this is normal, if there is a problem with my joystick, or if the problem is in my code (which is a uber simplistic program to see if I get my joystick to work).

Did anybody ran into this kind of problems? (please dont send me the LazyFoo links, because there is nothing about hats there ^^)
Faelenor
Faelenor
Are you sure your joystick is calibrated? If you're using Windows, go in the game controllers window. You'll be able to at least determine if your joystick is working properly. Otherwise, if you're handling inputs in a switch statement, maybe you have missing breaks?
tashaklikedi
tashaklikedi
I'm sure it is calibrated, yet I recalibrated it, and I checked my code if I missed any breaks in my switch statement, and there was none missed :/ this is really weird... And the "HAT_CENTERED" position in the SDL API does not seem to work :/ this is really weird...

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.