Original Post
Is it possible? Coding an mmorpg with Visual Basic?
and I find it very very hard to believe that one person would actually be able to pull something like that off.
[quote name='Radikalizm' timestamp='1349195919' post='4986092']
and I find it very very hard to believe that one person would actually be able to pull something like that off.
[quote name='slmgc' timestamp='1349197327' post='4986099']
[quote name='Radikalizm' timestamp='1349195919' post='4986092']
and I find it very very hard to believe that one person would actually be able to pull something like that off.
I wouldn't put guildwars in the MMO category tbh, its so heavily instanced that it is essentially a normal multiplayer game for all practical purposes. (there can be lots of players in the towns but thats really just a fancy lobby for what is essentially a normal MORPG (highest number of players in a game in guildwars is 16 or 24(alliance battles involve 24 players but seem to be played as a series of 4vs4 games) which is hardly massive by any standard))
[quote name='SimonForsman' timestamp='1349202001' post='4986128']
I wouldn't put guildwars in the MMO category tbh, its so heavily instanced that it is essentially a normal multiplayer game for all practical purposes. (there can be lots of players in the towns but thats really just a fancy lobby for what is essentially a normal MORPG (highest number of players in a game in guildwars is 16 or 24(alliance battles involve 24 players but seem to be played as a series of 4vs4 games) which is hardly massive by any standard))
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more