Original Post
I posted this in the graphics section and recieved no replies, so maybe I'll have better luck here!
I've been working on a 2D RPG in XNA. While browsing tutorials and videos, I've heard them mention doing animation in a seperate script file. Since tutorials are always brief and never indepth, the following questions persist:
1) Are scripting languages faster than C# for animations? Is that why we would want to use them?
2) Is this only for time/movie like animations and not animations that require input (such as pressing up to animate my sprite to move up compared to a cut scene that plays regardless of input).
3) Good, possible, and best scripting lanuage to use for animation?
4) Any other reason to use scripts in a game?
Thanks!
I've been working on a 2D RPG in XNA. While browsing tutorials and videos, I've heard them mention doing animation in a seperate script file. Since tutorials are always brief and never indepth, the following questions persist:
1) Are scripting languages faster than C# for animations? Is that why we would want to use them?
2) Is this only for time/movie like animations and not animations that require input (such as pressing up to animate my sprite to move up compared to a cut scene that plays regardless of input).
3) Good, possible, and best scripting lanuage to use for animation?
4) Any other reason to use scripts in a game?
Thanks!