Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Sharing my game for testing.

Started by stitchs_login Oct 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM 2 replies 5.1k views
Original Post
stitchs_login
stitchs_login
Hello,

A quick question: If I want to share my executable with the lovely community, to get some general feedback on gameplay/code etc. and my exe includes sound files, is there a problem with copyright issues? Currently, I have two sounds incorporated into my game that I have had on my computer for a while and for the life of me, I don't remember which websites I got them from, so as I can quote copyright.

Should I include them with the folder, or just share the game without said sound files?

Regards,

Stitchs.
yewbie
yewbie
My rule of thumb is: "If you are not completely sure on the copywrite replace it".

=)
incertia
incertia
I agree with yewbie. Don't use music if you're afraid you will end up on the downside. On the other hand, Newgrounds has a lot of good music and it's all free, given that you include credits and don't use it commercially.
what
atari_kid
atari_kid
Depending on what type of sound that you want to replace, you could maybe check out Freesound for some Creative Commons audio assets.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.