Original Post
I have to merge (in 2D) images in order to obtain a high resolution texture map for human bodies.
My images correspond to the camera images provided by a 3D scanner: such images, taken from different views, represent (a part
of) the body plus the background.
I know how to map these images on a coherent map, but I need to obtain a full "seamless" effect when merging them -- namely, avoiding patch discontinuities due to different lighting conditions.
Blending techniques often follow a "feathering weight" technique: for each original 2D camera image, a feathering function f(x) is calculated
on image pixels x s.t. f(x)=0 outside the object and f(x) grows linearly to a maximum value of 1 within the object.
Any idea about how modeling f(x) by an appropriate function?
My images correspond to the camera images provided by a 3D scanner: such images, taken from different views, represent (a part
of) the body plus the background.
I know how to map these images on a coherent map, but I need to obtain a full "seamless" effect when merging them -- namely, avoiding patch discontinuities due to different lighting conditions.
Blending techniques often follow a "feathering weight" technique: for each original 2D camera image, a feathering function f(x) is calculated
on image pixels x s.t. f(x)=0 outside the object and f(x) grows linearly to a maximum value of 1 within the object.
Any idea about how modeling f(x) by an appropriate function?