Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Portable Recorder

Started by JanetBanerjee Oct 27, 2012 at 2:57 PM 0 replies 1.3k views
Original Post
JanetBanerjee
JanetBanerjee
I am looking to buy a portable recorder for making sound effects but I don't know which one to buy. Any recommendations on a good recorder? I am mainly looking for one with good sound quality and flexibility.

Also, if you have any advice on what I should look for or what I should avoid that would also be extremely helpful. Thanks!
MoritzPGKatz
MoritzPGKatz
Hey,

Personally, I use a Zoom H2 - at the time I bought it, it had the most bang for the buck with 4 microphones, a solid sound and flexible output formats.
It has a bit of a flimsy-plastic feel, but it's actually quite sturdy.

I haven't tried the new H2N yet, but it looks like it's pretty much everything the H2 had and more - so definitely check that one out.

Cheers,
Moritz
Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.