Original Post
Hi,
The staff around here does a good job. I like the website appearance and forum structure.
However, gamedevDOTnet is by far the slowest loading website which I visit since the first time I did. When I compare the slowness of this website loading to other large forum websites (or any website for that matter), then the difference is huge. Sometimes I cannot load a gamedev page when all other websites load just fine. Sometimes functions such as the text editor or emoticons are missing, even with advanced options chosen.
I have up to date Windows 7 running on a factory fresh reinstalled system. Everything on the hard drive was erased and I restored to factory fresh condition. The problem existed before and now after the factory fresh restoration.
Compatibility view has been tried many times and also without it, but seems to make no difference.
As earlier, all other websites load just fine.
Any ideas?
Please see what can be done to optimize the webpage code.
Thanks for such a great website other than this! (I would put a very happy emoticon but they do not appear with this website, though other website have all functions.)
Clinton
The staff around here does a good job. I like the website appearance and forum structure.
However, gamedevDOTnet is by far the slowest loading website which I visit since the first time I did. When I compare the slowness of this website loading to other large forum websites (or any website for that matter), then the difference is huge. Sometimes I cannot load a gamedev page when all other websites load just fine. Sometimes functions such as the text editor or emoticons are missing, even with advanced options chosen.
I have up to date Windows 7 running on a factory fresh reinstalled system. Everything on the hard drive was erased and I restored to factory fresh condition. The problem existed before and now after the factory fresh restoration.
Compatibility view has been tried many times and also without it, but seems to make no difference.
As earlier, all other websites load just fine.
Any ideas?
Please see what can be done to optimize the webpage code.
Thanks for such a great website other than this! (I would put a very happy emoticon but they do not appear with this website, though other website have all functions.)
Clinton