Original Post
Hello all,
I´m starting to develop a game in Flash that uses MySQL as database and PHP as the middleware.(Since my research points out that Flash lacks this database integration on its own).
I´ve been checking some tutorials and workarounds for this "issue" and I came across some ways to use PHP for both, sending and receiving variables from the SQL. The "URLRequest and URLVariables" and this AMFPHP ( I didn´t really try this one out, but I´ve seen a lot of sites mentioning it).
My doubt is:
Is it actually possible to work only with the "URLRequest and URLVariables"?
Should I try this AMFPHP?
People who know this AMFPHP can tell me if it´s really worth to learn and use it instead of the other method?
I guess this is it.
Thank you all.
I´m starting to develop a game in Flash that uses MySQL as database and PHP as the middleware.(Since my research points out that Flash lacks this database integration on its own).
I´ve been checking some tutorials and workarounds for this "issue" and I came across some ways to use PHP for both, sending and receiving variables from the SQL. The "URLRequest and URLVariables" and this AMFPHP ( I didn´t really try this one out, but I´ve seen a lot of sites mentioning it).
My doubt is:
Is it actually possible to work only with the "URLRequest and URLVariables"?
Should I try this AMFPHP?
People who know this AMFPHP can tell me if it´s really worth to learn and use it instead of the other method?
I guess this is it.
Thank you all.