Original Post
Hi everybody!
I'm developing a small (for now) 2d game with sdl and opengl.
I've reached the point i need to make a main menu, some options menus, a character-weapon selection screen, and some in-game hud (healt, ammos, modifiers, event texts like "you picked a treasure!"...).
So i need to render some text and images.
I've already tried successfully font libraries and so on.
Anyway i'm wondering: is there a simpler and more flexible approach to making all these things.
Like some easy to implement menus, counters, different size-color texts, etc..
I've looked in some GUI libraries, like CEGUI, but i'm wondering if it's the right approach..
I mean, i'm lookin for just some simple selection menus, nothing like draggable windows or resizable widgets. Also my game is using joypads, while i found most of these libraries mouse oriented..
And are they capable of rendering texts in a flexible or nice looking way?
I'm just looking for some advices
I'm developing a small (for now) 2d game with sdl and opengl.
I've reached the point i need to make a main menu, some options menus, a character-weapon selection screen, and some in-game hud (healt, ammos, modifiers, event texts like "you picked a treasure!"...).
So i need to render some text and images.
I've already tried successfully font libraries and so on.
Anyway i'm wondering: is there a simpler and more flexible approach to making all these things.
Like some easy to implement menus, counters, different size-color texts, etc..
I've looked in some GUI libraries, like CEGUI, but i'm wondering if it's the right approach..
I mean, i'm lookin for just some simple selection menus, nothing like draggable windows or resizable widgets. Also my game is using joypads, while i found most of these libraries mouse oriented..
And are they capable of rendering texts in a flexible or nice looking way?
I'm just looking for some advices
