Original Post
Hey guys. I know you get these posts a lot but I'm finding it very frustrating to sift through the vast majority of game dev startup posts which are mostly not relevant to my current situation.
I'm looking to start up game development and I'm finding it very hard to find somewhere to begin. What makes my case a bit different from most of the threads I'm seeing is that I'm already proficient in many programming languages so I'm perfectly confident that I will be able to use the popular API's without much difficulty. What I do not know is where to start. I'm trying to find some mini-project to start with and I'm just basically getting confused and overwhelmed with all the possibilities.
I would prefer to begin using C++ but if anyone has any suggestions with any other language I'm greatful for input.
I'm looking to start up game development and I'm finding it very hard to find somewhere to begin. What makes my case a bit different from most of the threads I'm seeing is that I'm already proficient in many programming languages so I'm perfectly confident that I will be able to use the popular API's without much difficulty. What I do not know is where to start. I'm trying to find some mini-project to start with and I'm just basically getting confused and overwhelmed with all the possibilities.
I would prefer to begin using C++ but if anyone has any suggestions with any other language I'm greatful for input.