Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Java3D Tutorials?

Started by debarra Nov 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM 1 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
debarra
debarra
I've decided to attempt to learn Java3D. I have a book which a lot of people seem to recommend, "Killer Game Programming in Java". The problem is the book starts off a bit too advanced and I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get tutorials. I have already finished the tutorials on java3d.org.
Glass_Knife
Glass_Knife
Java3D, while a mature API, is no longer supported by Sun/Oracle. Here is a link, but the forums it references were pulled down years ago.

http://stackoverflow...ure-for-java-3d

People started using JOGL with OpenGL when this happend, and that would be the route I would use to learn more about 3D graphics and Java. These are the most popular engines:

http://www.lwjgl.org/
http://jmonkeyengine.com/

Here is information about JOGL:
http://jogamp.org/jogl/www/

For tutorials:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/

At the bottom of each of the legacy tutorials is an JOGL port, which is a great place to get started!
debarra
debarra
OK Thanks!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.