Original Post
I find myself curious as to how the community motivates itself into making games, particularly those who are graphic designers, musicians or coders as part of their day job.
I am a software engineer for a CAD company and also I want to make a game; I have developed numerous assets across the years but I have not yet got very far in any of my projects and this is usually because of development fatigue from my day job. How do other people cope with this? Any tips to planning a project?
Also, my primary programming languages are C++ and C# with C++ as my personal preference. For developing simple 2D games without 3D elements are there any particular libraries I should be using to supplement my project codebases?and also I want to make a game; I have developed numerous assets accross the years
I am a software engineer for a CAD company and also I want to make a game; I have developed numerous assets across the years but I have not yet got very far in any of my projects and this is usually because of development fatigue from my day job. How do other people cope with this? Any tips to planning a project?
Also, my primary programming languages are C++ and C# with C++ as my personal preference. For developing simple 2D games without 3D elements are there any particular libraries I should be using to supplement my project codebases?and also I want to make a game; I have developed numerous assets accross the years