Original Post
Hi
My program is using DX9 and can't share the Device among multiple threads. Which means I can't create resources on other threads.
I wanted to know if it is possible to create vertex, index buffers and textures on the main thread and then pass those resources to a worker thread that lock/read/write/unlock/release these resources while the main thread is rendering? These resources sent to the worker thread will not be in use intil the worker thread has finished and sent those resources back to the main thread.
Will this type of multithreading work for DX9? Or are resources created with the device unsafe for other threads?
Cheers!
My program is using DX9 and can't share the Device among multiple threads. Which means I can't create resources on other threads.
I wanted to know if it is possible to create vertex, index buffers and textures on the main thread and then pass those resources to a worker thread that lock/read/write/unlock/release these resources while the main thread is rendering? These resources sent to the worker thread will not be in use intil the worker thread has finished and sent those resources back to the main thread.
Will this type of multithreading work for DX9? Or are resources created with the device unsafe for other threads?
Cheers!