Original Post
Hey guys,
I'm coming to you for advice. I'm currently 30 years old, full-time government employee, and I'm looking for a career change. I'm interested in going into computer science/game design, and I have a couple of choices as far as education goes.
I'm in the Dallas area, and SMU has a program that offers a Bachelor's in Computer Science with an emphasis in Game Design, and there's also a community college that offers an Associate's Degree in Game design.
Which option is better, obviously the community college would be cheaper and shorter, but would I be able to find work with a game company with that kind of education?
Let me know what you think. If you need more information about the programs, I can post it.
Thanks
I'm coming to you for advice. I'm currently 30 years old, full-time government employee, and I'm looking for a career change. I'm interested in going into computer science/game design, and I have a couple of choices as far as education goes.
I'm in the Dallas area, and SMU has a program that offers a Bachelor's in Computer Science with an emphasis in Game Design, and there's also a community college that offers an Associate's Degree in Game design.
Which option is better, obviously the community college would be cheaper and shorter, but would I be able to find work with a game company with that kind of education?
Let me know what you think. If you need more information about the programs, I can post it.
Thanks