Original Post
I'm currently studying mathematics, eventually planning to do mathematical computer science, and planning to make my own game physics engine, as well as writing a game with it for my portfolio.
But I'd like to talk about side skills here.
How much should I know about graphics programming, and to what extent should I know DirectX/OpenGL?
What about networking?
What about other side-skills?
I would like to hear from people that actually have a job related to game physics, for the validity of the answers.
As on OT-question: Is there any site dedicated to game physics programming? I always find myself having a hard time finding help or existing solutions on the internet related to game physics (beyond the basics such as the 100+ articles on SAT)
But I'd like to talk about side skills here.
How much should I know about graphics programming, and to what extent should I know DirectX/OpenGL?
What about networking?
What about other side-skills?
I would like to hear from people that actually have a job related to game physics, for the validity of the answers.
As on OT-question: Is there any site dedicated to game physics programming? I always find myself having a hard time finding help or existing solutions on the internet related to game physics (beyond the basics such as the 100+ articles on SAT)