Original Post
Hello,
Are real life events run-time configurable, or are they deterministic? Is this determined by whether or not the real life events are stored in a fast accessible ram or if they are just stored to disk or lost?
I have often found that a ram constraint in one of my programs caused me to be more creative and make a much better program. Would this coincidence apply to real life events as well? The less memory one has the more effort one must put into using one's brain, thus one becomes smarter? Is that what smart is?
I promise this is really all video game related, because I found that when I started programming video games I had to (am having to would be the correct tense here) change my entire outlook on life about somethings such as what it means to 'exist.'
So, I am wondering if it is games that are causing me to see the true nature of things, or if I am changing my way of looking at things to better understand the nature of games. Because nothing outside the world frustum exists.
-Dave Ottley
Are real life events run-time configurable, or are they deterministic? Is this determined by whether or not the real life events are stored in a fast accessible ram or if they are just stored to disk or lost?
I have often found that a ram constraint in one of my programs caused me to be more creative and make a much better program. Would this coincidence apply to real life events as well? The less memory one has the more effort one must put into using one's brain, thus one becomes smarter? Is that what smart is?
I promise this is really all video game related, because I found that when I started programming video games I had to (am having to would be the correct tense here) change my entire outlook on life about somethings such as what it means to 'exist.'
So, I am wondering if it is games that are causing me to see the true nature of things, or if I am changing my way of looking at things to better understand the nature of games. Because nothing outside the world frustum exists.
-Dave Ottley