Original Post
I love playing PBBGs (persistant browser based games). There is an old (5-6+ years) game written using basic HTML/PHP that I feel like remaking using the HTML5/Javascript that I have learned.
I will also be redoing the game mechanics to take advantage of the new programming tools. E.g. HTML5 allows the webserver to push updated game states to browser without a refresh/request. And also using my own game design ideas. The name and story will also be different. But the theme and premise is basically the same.
Is this ok? Or considered unethical/plagiarism of another developer's game design?
I will also be redoing the game mechanics to take advantage of the new programming tools. E.g. HTML5 allows the webserver to push updated game states to browser without a refresh/request. And also using my own game design ideas. The name and story will also be different. But the theme and premise is basically the same.
Is this ok? Or considered unethical/plagiarism of another developer's game design?