Original Post
Hello,
I have been running into a problem in my code lately. I have a file called "Constants.h" and one called "Constants.cpp." I define all my constants there. However, when I include Constants.h in another .h file I always get compile errors when, for example, trying to allocate arrays of a GIVEN_CONSTANT size. Is there a reason for this? I never get these errors in .cpp files. It seems like the pre-processor is not expanding my #includes into the header, or maybe there is a rule that constants can't be used in headers in c++? Can someone shed some light on this situation for me?
Thanks.
- Dave Ottley
I have been running into a problem in my code lately. I have a file called "Constants.h" and one called "Constants.cpp." I define all my constants there. However, when I include Constants.h in another .h file I always get compile errors when, for example, trying to allocate arrays of a GIVEN_CONSTANT size. Is there a reason for this? I never get these errors in .cpp files. It seems like the pre-processor is not expanding my #includes into the header, or maybe there is a rule that constants can't be used in headers in c++? Can someone shed some light on this situation for me?
Thanks.
- Dave Ottley