Original Post
Hello OpenGL gurus,
I’ve been developing with OpenGL exclusively on Windows for several years now and I’m entering the cross-platform compiling world.
So far, I use skaslev-gl3w https://github.com/skaslev/gl3w to generate gl3w.h, gl3.h and gl3w.c. I found OpenGL32.lib within Visual Studio… it’s a wonderful world indeed… but when compiling with g++ on Linux, gl3w.c is requesting glx.h… and cough at glXGetProcAddress... Oups! There is no trace of this file on opengl.org and Googling on this topic is rather confusing so I decide to ask here.
1 - Why GLX? I thought pure GL was king on Linux... I'm confuse! (I surely dont want to rewrite my code)
2 - Where to find the official OpenGL package to develop on Linux and MacOSX?
Thx
I’ve been developing with OpenGL exclusively on Windows for several years now and I’m entering the cross-platform compiling world.
So far, I use skaslev-gl3w https://github.com/skaslev/gl3w to generate gl3w.h, gl3.h and gl3w.c. I found OpenGL32.lib within Visual Studio… it’s a wonderful world indeed… but when compiling with g++ on Linux, gl3w.c is requesting glx.h… and cough at glXGetProcAddress... Oups! There is no trace of this file on opengl.org and Googling on this topic is rather confusing so I decide to ask here.
1 - Why GLX? I thought pure GL was king on Linux... I'm confuse! (I surely dont want to rewrite my code)
2 - Where to find the official OpenGL package to develop on Linux and MacOSX?
Thx