Original Post
Hello,
I am outputting some Atlas and Sprite initialization data to a file. I am trying to keep everything in my game wide chars in Unicode for eventual localization purposes. I can reroute wcout to my file, but when I open it in notepad it is gibberish. I know notepad can read unicode because I save txt files in Unicode from time to time using Notepad. Can anyone tell me if I need a new text reader for wide characters, or how I can set up notepad to accept my wide char UNICODE file as unicode and read it appropriately?
Thanks again.
-Dave Ottley
I am outputting some Atlas and Sprite initialization data to a file. I am trying to keep everything in my game wide chars in Unicode for eventual localization purposes. I can reroute wcout to my file, but when I open it in notepad it is gibberish. I know notepad can read unicode because I save txt files in Unicode from time to time using Notepad. Can anyone tell me if I need a new text reader for wide characters, or how I can set up notepad to accept my wide char UNICODE file as unicode and read it appropriately?
Thanks again.
-Dave Ottley