Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Comparing primitive types?

Started by ninvertigo Dec 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM 0 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
ninvertigo
ninvertigo
I am using a primitive type as follows:

engine->RegisterObjectType("myInt", sizeof(int), asOBJ_VALUE | asOBJ_POD | asOBJ_APP_PRIMITIVE ); assert( err >= 0 );

The Application can modify and use operators on this value, however the script cannot. Something as simple as the following will fail.

myInt test;
test = 0;

I receive the error "Can't implicitly convert from 'const uint' to 'myInt'." Since this is a primitive datatype I was under the assumption that I did not need to do anything specific to use these. What am I doing wrong?
WitchLord
WitchLord
asOBJ_APP_PRIMITIVE just tells AngelScript that it can treat the type as a primitive in native calling conventions, i.e. when passing the type to application registered functions.

In order to support assignment or comparisons with this type against other types you need to register the appropriate methods, for example, opAssign, and opCmp.

Regards,
Andreas
AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - <a href="http://www.angelcode.com/tower" rel

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.