Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Weird problems with source tags and Google Chrome.

Started by MarkS_ Dec 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM 1 replies 1.4k views
Original Post
MarkS_
MarkS_
I have been having trouble with these lately. Often I will open a thread and see evidence that a source tag was used, but nothing shows. Other times I'll open a thread and see a monster post in which the source tag didn't get processed. And today I tried to use the source tags, but they stripped out all of the formatting in my code, so I resorted to pastebin. These issues happen whether I am posting the source tag myself or viewing one that someone else posted. What is going on? Is the source tag being phased out or is it an incompatibility with Chrome? This seems to be a rather new issue and I always use Chrome.

Note: Clearing the cache does not help and refreshing only takes care of the case where the source tag didn't get processed, eliminating the monster posts.
Michael Tanczos
Michael Tanczos
I use chrome, firefox, IE, and safari but haven't had this issue. Do you have an example of a post that got messed up?
MarkS_
MarkS_

I use chrome, firefox, IE, and safari but haven't had this issue. Do you have an example of a post that got messed up?


It seems to be something wrong with the browser on my laptop. I am posting from my desktop and have no issues.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.