Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Header Organization Advice please ?

Started by mrhodes Dec 13, 2012 at 5:38 PM 2 replies 2k views
Original Post
mrhodes
mrhodes
I am in the beginning stages of making a game, and I am wondering if it is best to have 1 main header that includes all my other headers, or should I only include headers needed for each module I am working on?

I am asking this because I am now noticing that as my project grows any change to my 1 main header causes everything to recompile...

So, any thoughts about this topic that can help ?
I am thinking I should probably just include the headers needed for each class instead of including everything in each class.

Please share any thoughts please...

Michael
Michael RhodesTiger Studios Web Designhttp://tigerstudios.net
fastcall22
fastcall22
It's dangerous to go alone.
Take this!
mrhodes
mrhodes
Thank you very much SiCrane... I read that and it helps a lot.
I have had to reorder headers at times to make things work, and now I understand why


Michael
Michael RhodesTiger Studios Web Designhttp://tigerstudios.net

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.