Original Post
Hi,
I'm a second year programming student and I want to start coding a tile based RPG, having in mind Final Fantasy (prior to VII) as examples.
My first question is regarding which language would fit best my needs. I can code in C++, learned pointers and such and I also had one semester of C# and one of Java.
So which language would suit my project the most and has the best libraries for my needs ?
My second question is if anyone knows a good game programming manual (old or recent) or site that covers everything regarding 2D game developpement like how to manage sound, basic AI, tiles and other graphics ?
Thanks in advance
I'm a second year programming student and I want to start coding a tile based RPG, having in mind Final Fantasy (prior to VII) as examples.
My first question is regarding which language would fit best my needs. I can code in C++, learned pointers and such and I also had one semester of C# and one of Java.
So which language would suit my project the most and has the best libraries for my needs ?
My second question is if anyone knows a good game programming manual (old or recent) or site that covers everything regarding 2D game developpement like how to manage sound, basic AI, tiles and other graphics ?
Thanks in advance