Original Post
i am currently working on adding in support for Direct3D 10. Currently i have a Deferred Lighting setup for D3D 11 using compute shaders. As i am also supporting OpenGL and OpenGL ES, i want to add in light volume rendering for lower end support.
I can render out the scene using fullscreen quads, and everything works and looks the same as the Forward and Deferred Tiled lit scenes. I am trying to use spheres to represent the point lights, but i am running into a problem now. My problem is not unique, as i have found numerous articles, and links around the net dealing with them. However, the solutions that they suggest, are not yielding results, ugh.
in the attached screen shot below you can see an artifact, that using PIX i have determined that the polygon is not being culled properly. Now i have tried to use all culling modes, back, front, and even none. however, each just renders out a different image. If i disable blending, the sphere outline shows up correctly, so i know the shape is correct. if i render the shape out with forward lighting, the shape is correct. I am using 3 render targets, Albedo, Normal, and Depth. I recreate the depth in the pixel shader. I am hoping someone can help me out with some suggestions to look, or even help in debugging to get me on my way. Thanks in advance
I can render out the scene using fullscreen quads, and everything works and looks the same as the Forward and Deferred Tiled lit scenes. I am trying to use spheres to represent the point lights, but i am running into a problem now. My problem is not unique, as i have found numerous articles, and links around the net dealing with them. However, the solutions that they suggest, are not yielding results, ugh.
in the attached screen shot below you can see an artifact, that using PIX i have determined that the polygon is not being culled properly. Now i have tried to use all culling modes, back, front, and even none. however, each just renders out a different image. If i disable blending, the sphere outline shows up correctly, so i know the shape is correct. if i render the shape out with forward lighting, the shape is correct. I am using 3 render targets, Albedo, Normal, and Depth. I recreate the depth in the pixel shader. I am hoping someone can help me out with some suggestions to look, or even help in debugging to get me on my way. Thanks in advance