Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[GL3] VAO and VBO question about dynamic/stream buffers

Started by Murloc992 Dec 20, 2012 at 4:01 PM 3 replies 2.9k views
Original Post
Murloc992
Murloc992
Hello, I am writing here with a question which was haunting me lately.

I want to draw some dynamic data using a VAO, but I am not pretty sure how to do it. Doing it the regular dynamic/stream VBO way it works, but when I do it with a VAO I need to bind the buffer I want to change and while using gDebugger I found out that those binds in dynamic/stream functions are pretty expensive and gDebugger doesn't recommend using those, so I want to know how should I draw a dynamic VBOs in a VAO?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew.
Murloc992
Murloc992
Thanks for an answer. I know how to stream the buffers with the bind. My question is about how to avoid the bind, or it is unavoidable. :?
BornToCode
BornToCode
You cannot get around the binding.
Kaptein
Kaptein
the most common way "around bind," is to put many meshes into a single VBO, and render different parts of the data using glDrawArrays ..., first_vertex, count (or elements)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.